This weekend was one of the most powerful ones we’ve had at CLC in recent memory. If you missed it, join us Monday evening at 7:00 for our “Monday night rewind” (live service with worship, the message, and response.)
God wants you to succeed. Success is in and on His terms. A key is to “Act like a King’s kid.” As a Christ-follower, you’ve been adopted into God’s family. Determine to live and act accordingly:
1. Have an ATTITUDE OF POSSIBILITY. After all, “If God is for us, who can be against us?”
2. Stay TRUE to your sense of PURPOSE . (God’s purpose for you) “You are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them!”
3. Walk in ROYAL POWER. Romans 8 reminds us that there is NO POWER that can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
4. DISPLAY royal HUMILITY (not arrogance or inferiority). The Apostle Paul says “I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of yourself than you ought.” At the same time, humility is NOT inferiority or insecurity. As a child of the King, have CONFIDENCE in your value through Christ.
5. Live in DIVINE PURITY (and obedience.) As Christians we celebrate the very idea of Christ returning some day; yet we live as though we forget that He is returning for the church as a groom anticipates marrying a special, pure bride.
Christ expects us to be living holy lives (Jesus Himself told us to “be holy.”) There are certain words we don’t say, places we don’t go, things we don’t do…simply because we are God’s children. We avoid materialism, self-absorption and sensuality to enjoy lives appropriate for adopted divine royalty, and we are determined to act like a child of the King!
p.s. you can also watch the sermon at clcdayton.com